Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday Tips: Make Connections

A lot of etsians offer great products, yet their shops go unnoticed. This is the final entry in a six-week series of tuesday tips about ways to improve your etsy karma... These are ways I have found to get people into my shop. And the more people go through my shop, the more likely I am to make a sale!

It's all about the personal connections. Joining teams, giving hearts, chatting, and joining BNRs or other threads in the forums can all help you connect with other etsians. Obviously you can advertise on blogs and message boards, put your shop link in your email signature, or even send out newsletters, but this post is focusing specifically on making connections within etsy. ☺
Last Friday I posted a featured etsian whom I met in chat one night, and subsequently bought some soap from. There are dozens, even hundreds, of people selling soap on etsy--so why did I choose her? Because I was sitting there, talking with her; I mentioned that I thought one of her soaps was pretty, and she offered me a deal on it. And that was that!
If you don't know how to find the forums or the live chat, just go to the etsy community (the 'community' tab at the top of the etsy homepage).

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved your post. Very informative. I checked out everyone. And I do agree with you as well. I would love to make more connections with artist/sellers who've really found their niche, know what works for them. I know that it doesn't necessary works for all of us, but it would show a bit more than what stroque gives on their spotlights. I've made a few posts on my blog, like you about how do we artist get none artist to buy our work on Etsy, and any other venue for that matter. But it seems we are all looking for that sure fix, it seems like a needle in a haystack. I'm just happy for you that you are making leaps and bounds and putting yourself out there. Kudos for that. I will take your advice and check out the chats and forums more. Now that I have a real live body to say it worked for them. Thank you PK

    ReplyDelete

Comments here are moderated because I don't get around to reading them any other way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...