Monday, October 13, 2008

CaryYork Birth Art


I was introduced to a delightful little etsy shop recently: CaryYork: Celebrating Life's Sacred Journeys You can also see her work at http://www.caryyork.com/
Cary's shop features original artwork (in several mediums) that embraces and celebrates birth, breastfeeding, and motherhood in general. The art is available as prints, or in 'altar kits' with a small stand and a tea light so that the art can be put on display in an inspirational way. She is an etsy newbie, and I was so moved by the art that I just had to share. (When you go visit, be aware that several of the pieces are nudes. I think they are tasteful, but if that bothers you, now you know.)
The piece below, "Waterbirth" is my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. That breastfeeding print is amazing and beautiful. I have looked through her shop before and didn't see it. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments here are moderated because I don't get around to reading them any other way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...